Installation of APK files
Posted by Oleg Smirnov on 28 October 2011 02:46 AM
Please note: If you have downloaded an APK file using the Internet Explorer, you may have to manually change the extension of the file from ".zip" to ".apk".
1. Download and install AppsInstaller on your phone (Search for "app installer" in the Android Market).
2. Allow installation from non-Market sources on your phone (Settings > Applications > "Unknown Sources" checkbox).
3. Attach the phone via the USB cable.
4. Mount the phone's SD card.
5. Navigate to the SD card in any file explorer and copy the APK file to the card.
6. Unmount the phone and unplug it.
7. Run AppsInstaller – it will list all APK files on your phone.
8. Long press to install an app.